CUSTER, S.D. (KELO) — It is May 1st and there is 10 inches of snow on the ground in Custer.
Snowfall totals are coming in from the snow storm that closed school for three districts in the Black Hills on Wednesday.
KELOLAND Viewer Jim DeHaai sent a uShare photo of a snowpile of nearly 11 inches in Keystone. You can see the photo above.
The snow started on Tuesday and continued Wednesday. From 8 a.m. Tuesday to noon on Wednesday, here are some of the snowfall reports.
- Custer (Custer County) 10 inches
- Johnson Sididng (Pennington County) 9.1 inches
- Brownsville (Lawrence County) 8 inches
- Pactola Reservoir (Pennington County) 7.4 inches
- Hill City (Pennington County) 7 inches
- Hayward (Pennington County) 6.2 inches
- Edgemont (Fall River County) 6 inches
- Rockerville (Pennington County) 5.6 inches
- Downtown Rapid City (Pennington County) 5 inches
- Downtown Hot Springs (Fall River County) 4 inches
- Downtown Spearfish (Lawrence County) 3.7 inches
- Hermosa (Custer County) 3.5 inches
- Downtown Belle Fourche (Butte County) 3 inches