SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO) — In one of the few challenged races in Minnehaha or Lincoln County, three Republicans have come away victorious.
Minnehaha County had five candidates for three at-large positions. Republicans Gerald Beninga, Jen Bleyenberg and Joe Kippley, and Democrats Nichole Cauwels and Tom Holmes.
The positions have been won by Beninga (15.65%), Bleyenberg (15.19%) and Kippley (15.22%). Cauwels and Holmes took home 12.02% and 11.78% of the vote, respectively.
South Dakota Election 2022 Resources from KELOLAND News
- Your Local Election Headquarters
- South Dakota Election 2022 results
- Kristi Noem grabs decisive win to secure second term
- Amendment D: Voters weigh Medicaid expansion
- IM 27: South Dakota votes on legal marijuana again
- Senator John Thune easily wins re-election bid
- Dusty Johnson wins re-election bid for House seat
- Slaughterhouse ordinance on ballot for Sioux Falls voters
- Live updates: 2022 midterm election results
There was a two-race for county auditor between Democrat Brian Wirth and Republican Leah Anderson. As of Wednesday morning, Anderson has won with 52.24% of the vote, compared to 37.86% for Wirth.
The only challenged circuit court race was in Position B in the Second Circuit. Doug Barnett and Eric C. Johnson, where Barnett has won 33.15% of the vote, compared to 19.50% by Johnson. That race is in Minnehaha and Lincoln Counties.