Aberdeen, S.D. (Northern State) – In sweeping fashion, the Northern State University volleyball team capped off the regular season with a victory over No. 14 Minnesota Duluth. With the win the Wolves solidified a fifth place standing in the NSIC with an 11-7 league record.
THE QUICK DETAILS
Final Score: NSU 3, UMD 0
Records: NSU 19-8 (11-7 NSIC), UMD 17-9 (10-8 NSIC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The two teams battled 28-26 in the first set with Northern coming away on top and the Wolves continued the momentum with 25-15 and 25-22 victories in the second and third
- Northern recorded a match leading 41 kills, 39 assists, and 67 digs, adding ten blocks and four aces
- Offensively NSU hit .178 and defensively they held UMD to a .036 attack percentage
- Natalia Szybinska led two Wolves in double figures with 13 kills and a team leading six blocks
- For the second straight match, Keri Walker averaged over 12 assists per set, notching 37 total in the win
- Abby Meister and Reese Johnson led the defense with 29 and ten digs respectively
NORTHERN STATE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Natalia Szybinska: 13 kills, 6 blocks, 2 digs
- Keri Walker: 37 assists, 9 digs, 4 blocks, 1 ace
- Abby Meister: 29 digs, 1 assist
The NSIC Volleyball Tournament kicks off on November 14 with the quarterfinal round. Northern is slated to play St. Cloud State on the road. Start time is set for 6 p.m. in St. Cloud. For full tournament details visit the tournament page HERE.