The Pierre Fire Department evacuated several people around midnight as they responded to a propane leak early Monday morning.
In a tweet, the department said it was responding to a propane leak in a building in the 400 block of West Capitol Ave.
Currently have the streets around the 400 block of west Capitol evacuated due to a propane leak in a building. Stay clear of the area.— Pierre Fire Dept (@Pierrefiredept) June 18, 2018
However, as of 1 a.m. Monday, crews cleared the scene and everyone was allowed to return home.
All fire units are clear of the area and the all evacuated residents are returning home.— Pierre Fire Dept (@Pierrefiredept) June 18, 2018
© 2018 KELOLAND TV. All Rights Reserved.