SDDOT closed sections of Interstate 90 due to flooding concerns on Thursday.
- I-90 is closed from Highway 281 (Exit 310) and Interstate 29 (Exit 396) at Sioux Falls.
- Westbound traffic detour from Sioux Falls is I-29 north to Brookings, Highway 14 west to Highway 281, then south back to Interstate 90.
- Eastbound traffic detour from I-90 is north on Highway 281 at Plankinton, east on Highway 14 and south on I-29 to Sioux Falls.
- Local traffic only will have access to I-90 between Mt. Vernon (Exit 319) and Bridgewater (Exit 357) and Humboldt (Exit 357) to Sioux Falls.
- The westbound on-ramps to I-90 at Sioux Falls will be closed.
- No travel is advised on I-90 from Kimball to Plankinton.
Floodwaters continue to rise in the eastern part of the state. Crews are continuing to monitor both roadway and bridge structures for safety.