UPDATE: Fireworks to blame after house fire in Harrisburg, officials say

Local News

HARRISBURG, S.D. (KELO) — An early morning fire caused heavy damage to a home in Harrisburg on Sunday.

Crews from several departments responded to a home near Laura Street and Augustana Avenue just before 2:30 a.m. According to the fire chief, fireworks have been declared as the cause of the fire. It was accidental.

Officials say people inside the home were able to get out safely.

The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office is reminding people to keep discharged fireworks soaked in water and away from the home. They suggest leaving a bucket of water near the edge of a driveway for the remaining fireworks.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Continuing The Conversation
See Full Weather Forecast

Trending Stories

Don't Miss!

More Don't Miss


 

More Contests