Extension cord determined as cause of Mitchell house fire

Local News

MITCHELL, S.D. (KELO) — Investigators believe an extension cord may have caused a house fire in Mitchell on Sunday.

Crews say when they arrived at the home in the central part of the city, they found a small fire burning in the basement. Firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to other parts of the house.

Investigators say the extension cord showed signs of arcing and was determined to be the cause of the fire.

The homeowners got out of the house safely and no one was hurt.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Continuing The Conversation
See Full Weather Forecast

Trending Stories

Don't Miss!

More Don't Miss