DULUTH, Minn. (AP) – Authorities suspect carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of a man in a home near Duluth.
The St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office reports that a friend found 54-year-old Michael Steen unresponsive at the home northwest of Duluth.
Deputies were called to the home just before 5:30 p.m. Friday. Steen was pronounced dead at the scene. A dog in the home also died.
The cause of death remains under investigation, but officials detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the home.
Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.