CLARK, S.D. (KELO) — Authorities say a child was able to get their siblings out of a mobile home that caught fire in Clark Thursday afternoon.

A four-year-old girl is being credited with saving her brother and sister.

Investigators tell us a candle started the fire in the living room and the flames quickly spread. The little girl saw the fire and immediately told her old brother.

He was able to call 911 and get their two younger siblings outside.

The fire then spread through half of the mobile home. The home is considered a total loss. No injuries were reported.

The Clark Police Department says it happened in the 300 block of 2nd Avenue Northwest at 2:30 p.m.

  • Clark fire
  • Home fire in Clark
  • Clark home fire
  • Clark home fire damage
  • Home damage in fire in Clark

While all three kids got out safely, they lost all of their belongings. People in town are collecting clothing for the family of five.