SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO) — Christmas is just one week away, meaning many families will soon be gathering for the holiday. But we are still in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic.
On this week’s Inside KELOLAND, we talk with doctors from Avera Medical Group and Sanford Health about the latest updates on the omicron variant and the importance of getting your vaccine and booster.
We also look at the crowding happening at both health facilities, not just with COVID-19 patients, but also people receiving treatment for other illnesses.
Plus, we ask health professionals about gathering in small groups of people who are vaccinated for the holidays as well as other ways you can slow the spread of the virus.
Joining us for this week’s Inside KELOLAND is Dr. David Basel from Avera as well as Dr. Jeremy Cauwels from Sanford.
- ‘It’s not going away and it continues to increase’: Local hospitals see high numbers of COVID-19 patients
- Local health officials urge people to think about COVID-19 ahead of holidays
- COVID-19 fears dash hopes for the holiday season — again
- More than 200 new flu cases, six hospitalizations reported last week
- Local doctors encouraging people to get flu shots
- DOH reports first flu death of the season
- ‘It’s exhausting’: Sanford Health’s hospital beds filling up due to COVID-19 surge