Mariah Reil is a registered dietitian, and Senior Wellness Programs Specialist with Sanford Health. She’s here to share with us a recipe that you’re going to love, and will satisfy even the strongest sweet tooth. It’s for mint brownie batter hummus that will have you saying “Yum.”
Mint Brownie Batter Hummus
- 1 ½ cups cooked black beans (~1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼-1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2-4 tbsp water, as needed
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except the water. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the water in, as needed, as you blend to reach desired consistency.
- Enjoy with pretzels, fruit, or a spoon! Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.