Summer usually comes with family vacations and trips to see friends. While summer travel will probably look a little different for you this year, there are steps you can take to make your journeys safer. Dr. Chad Thury is a family medicine doctor with Avera and he is sharing tips on staying healthy while still having fun and enjoying summer travel.
Stay up to date on all of the COVID-19 related resources and solutions covered on KELOLAND Living.
- Going to college is always stressful. From all nighters to ace a quiz, to being on your own for the better part of a year. It's rarely easy. Now, factor in a global pandemic that is already threatening colleges in some part of the country and that stress is multiplied for both students and parents. […]
- As we all grow more used to our new normal in this current COVID environment, schools and many public spaces are asking, encouraging or even requiring everyone to wear face masks. That includes our kids. Only, kids don't always do what we ask them, no matter how important it is. Twila Perkinson is a Child […]
- As we head back into the school year, our educators are doing everything they can to keep our children healthy and our schools open. That includes asking teachers to create protective pods for students' desks. And while many schools are providing specific supplies to teachers, we thought it would be fun to show you a […]
- With just a week or so until most schools across KELOLAND are scheduled to start, many teachers still don't know exactly what life in the classroom and teaching this fall are going to look like. While parents are already anxious about sending their one or two students back to class, imagine the stress on the […]
- COVID-19 is forcing many parents, caregivers, and guardians to face new and difficult decisions about *how their children will return to school in the fall. As South Dakota's largest school district, one of the first issues facing Sioux Falls' new school superintendent was deciding how traditional classroom lessons, in-person education and virtual learning would be […]
- The spring 2020 semester was definitely not business as usual for the Sioux falls school district. Teachers and students were able to transition to distance learning, but they were making those changes knowing the current district superintendent was planning to retire at the end of the school year. A new superintendent had been named before […]
- INTEK offers services in Sioux Falls and Yankton. In Sioux Falls the number to call is 334-9716. In Yankton that number is 689-2220. You can also call INTEK's 24-7 emergency hot line anytime, day or night at 1-800-456-5004.SPECIAL OFFER: Mention that you saw this segment on the show and you will received 10% off your […]
- Summer usually comes with family vacations and trips to see friends. While summer travel will probably look a little different for you this year, there are steps you can take to make your journeys safer. Dr. Chad Thury is a family medicine doctor with Avera and he is sharing tips on staying healthy while still […]
- The COVID-19 Pandemic has taken the lives of more than 103,000 Americans. It's also made virtual funerals a common experience. Many of us are getting word of these deaths as we scroll through our social media feeds. And the reality of social distancing has more people searching for the best way to support someone who […]
- Kayce Hanson is a licensed Aesthetician with Kalon Medical Spa. She's joining us with some advice for how we can stay safe by wearing a mask without damaging our skin in the process.