Crews are on the scene of a fire in the middle of the town of Hartford.
Beaverbuilt Inc., a metal fabrication business, caught fire early Wednesday evening. The business is located on Highway 38 near the Dollar General in town.
Smoke and flames were coming out of the backside of the building. Firefighters needed to tear a side of the building off to get to some of the flames.
The fire was completely put out around 6 p.m. After that, crews cleared out a lot of rumble from the building.
It’s believed that everyone in the building has gotten out safely. But, there is quite a bit of damage to the building.
Some surrounding businesses were told they might need to evacuate their buildings. But, the fire ended up not spreading or damaging any other businesses.
Witnesses say they heard a loud boom when the building was on fire. Since it is a welding shop, witnesses say items such as propane tanks, paint and other flammable materials were in the building.
Beaverbuilt manufactures dumpsters and other metal supplies.