Authorities say the man who died in a fire at a St. Charles motel was from South Dakota.
Police say 47-year-old Vincent Edward Wright, of Avon, had checked into the Downtown Motel earlier Thursday and was the only one registered to the room. Three other motel guests escaped unharmed when fire broke out about 11 p.m.
St. Charles Fire Chief Lyle Peterson says flames were "through the roof and out the windows" when firefighters arrived. Fire crews left the scene about 3:30 a.m. Friday.
Firefighters were called back about an hour later when the fire reignited. Peterson says five of the motel's 10 rooms were severely damaged or destroyed. The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.
Most Popular Today
- 1.Your Money Matters
$1.3 Million Loft For Sale In Downtown Sioux Falls
- 2.Health Care
South Dakota Is Among Worst States For Nurses
- 3.Your Money Matters, General
Inside New $1.3 Million Downtown Loft
- 4.Gas & Energy
New Hy-Vee Gas Station In Sioux Falls
- 5.Health Care
Med-Star Picked To Be Minnehaha Co. Ambulance Provider
Watertown Business Makes Presidential T-Shirts
- 7.Retail & Restaurants
Valentino's Restaurant To Become Verizon Store
Sioux Falls Ranks As One Of The Cheapest Road Trips
Pandora To Purchase Rapid City Radio Station
FCC Clears Way For Pandora To Buy Rapid City Radio Station