The events of Donald Moeller’s execution lasted just under an hour Tuesday, starting at 9:38 p.m. and ending with the witnesses being dismissed at 10:24 p.m. when Moeller was pronounced dead.
Here is a timeline of the execution:
• 9:38 p.m. Moeller was removed from his holding cell
• 9:39 p.m. Moeller was transferred to the execution table
• 9:41 p.m. Moeller was secured in restraints
• 9:43 p.m. The IV in Moeller's right arm was started
• 9:53 p.m. Witnesses were escorted into the viewing rooms
• 9:57 p.m. All of the witnesses were present and the curtains were opened
• 10:00 p.m. The Warden gave the okay to proceed with the execution
• 10:01 p.m. Moeller gave his final statement
• 10:01 p.m. The injections were started
• 10:24 p.m. Moeller was pronounced dead
• 10:24 p.m. The curtains were closed and the witnesses were dismissed
The witnesses were then taken from the death chamber viewing area to a media room where statements from those from witnessed the execution were given.