The events of Eric Robert’s execution lasted about an hour on Monday night, starting at 9:31 p.m. and ending with the witnesses being dismissed at 10:25 p.m.
Here is a timeline of the execution:
- 9:31 p.m. Robert was removed from his holding cell.
- 9:32 p.m. Robert was transferred to the execution table.
- 9:35 p.m. The restraints were secured.
- 9:37 p.m. The IV in Robert's right arm was started.
- 9:41 p.m. A second IV was started.
- 9:46 p.m. Witnesses were escorted into the viewing rooms.
- 9:59 p.m. All of the witnesses were present and the curtains were opened.
- 10:00 p.m. The Warden gave the okay to proceed with the execution.
- 10:01 p.m. Robert gave his final statement.
- 10:04 p.m. The injections were finished.
- 10:24 p.m. Robert was pronounced dead.
- 10:25 p.m. The curtains were closed and the witnesses were dismissed.
The witnesses were then taken from the death chamber viewing area to a media room where statements from those from witnessed the execution were given.
Robert's body was later removed from the Penitentiary at 10:50 p.m.
Final statements from the witnesses finished around 11 p.m.