Friday Evening Business Brief
September 14, 2012, 5:18 PM
- Stocks closed higher, capping a positive week for Wall Street. The Dow today gained 54 points to 13,593. The S&P and the Nasdaq both rose nearly 6 points.
- Spain says it will present a new set of economic reforms by the end of the month, an indication the struggling country will soon ask for financial help. That's expected to be a prelude to Spain's tapping of a new European Central Bank bond-buying plan.
- Chicago's nearly weeklong teachers strike appears headed toward a resolution. Negotiators have emerged from marathon talks saying they have achieved a "framework" that could end the walkout in time for students to return to class Monday.
- Delivery times have grown longer as Apple and carriers today started taking orders for the iPhone 5. One analyst says expected delivery time from Apple had recently grown to two weeks.
- Crude oil rose nearly 3 percent this week. Benchmark crude today settled up 69 cents to $99 a barrel in New York.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
4/14/2015 3:00 PM
Lick The Spoon is expanding its pot pie business.
4/15/2015 5:00 PM
Every summer, the city of Sioux Falls hires hundreds of people for seasonal jobs within the park system
4/16/2015 11:45 AM
You no longer need to stop by a cash machine before renewing your driver license. All South Dakota exam stations now accept credit and debit car...
4/15/2015 5:50 PM
First Dakota will assume deposits and loans associated with the branch and will acquire the branch facilities and equipment.
4/15/2015 1:14 PM
manufacturer of tonneau covers and other truck accessories is planning a 40,000-square-foot addition and adding 18 jobs, with the potential for more.