Friday Evening Business Brief
September 14, 2012, 5:18 PM
- Stocks closed higher, capping a positive week for Wall Street. The Dow today gained 54 points to 13,593. The S&P and the Nasdaq both rose nearly 6 points.
- Spain says it will present a new set of economic reforms by the end of the month, an indication the struggling country will soon ask for financial help. That's expected to be a prelude to Spain's tapping of a new European Central Bank bond-buying plan.
- Chicago's nearly weeklong teachers strike appears headed toward a resolution. Negotiators have emerged from marathon talks saying they have achieved a "framework" that could end the walkout in time for students to return to class Monday.
- Delivery times have grown longer as Apple and carriers today started taking orders for the iPhone 5. One analyst says expected delivery time from Apple had recently grown to two weeks.
- Crude oil rose nearly 3 percent this week. Benchmark crude today settled up 69 cents to $99 a barrel in New York.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
7/29/2015 1:58 PM
An Allegiant Airlines pilot declared a fuel emergency and had to land at a North Dakota airport even though the airport was closed for the Blue Angels...
7/29/2015 9:53 AM
Just a year after opening on East 10th Street and Bahnson Avenue in Sioux Falls, Lick The Spoon restaurant has closed its doors. Angela Becker o...
7/30/2015 5:18 PM
A successful online retailer is opening her first brick and mortar shop in Sioux Falls.
7/29/2015 1:00 PM
Barber tells KELOLAND News while the plans still have yet to be finalized, they call for a couple of apartment buildings with eight to 12 units, as we...
7/27/2015 9:32 AM
The settlement also forces the car maker to repurchase more than half a million Ram pickup trucks built between 2008 and 2012 because defective steeri...