The South Dakota Fire Marshal's Office says a fire that destroyed a home in an east Pierre neighborhood was accidental.
A report from the office says the Friday night fire was likely caused by smoking material.
There were no injuries as the couple and four children were not home at the time.
Crews fought to keep the fire from spreading to nearby homes, and embers also started small grassfires behind the house. Those were quickly extinguished.
A neighbor is collecting clothes and household items to help the family.
Most Popular Today
- 1.Your Money Matters
Denny Sanford To Donate $25 Million For Scholarship Program
- 2.Your Money Matters
Denny Sanford's Multi-Million Solution To Worker Shortage
Sony Cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25 Release
Top Theater Chains Cancel 'The Interview' Showings
- 5.Gas & Energy
Sioux Falls Average Gas Price Among The Lowest In U.S.
New Manager Named For South Dakota State Fair
Sturgis Officials Planning For 2015 Rally Traffic
- 8.Meetings & Events, High School
HS Basketball To Fill Pentagon
SDN Communications To Buy Sioux Valley Wireless
- 10.Gas & Energy
SD Gas Prices At Five-Year Low