- A good day for the stock market propelled two of the key averages over milestones. The S&P gained 7 points to finish above 1,400 for the first time in three months. The Nasdaq was up 26 points to 3,016. The Dow rose 51, or 0.4 percent, to 13,169.
- The Walt Disney Co.'s profit for the third-quarter topped analyst estimates while revenue was short despite a surge in profit from "The Avengers." Disney shares headed lower in after-hours trading immediately after the news was announced.
- With a big refinery in California closed by fire, the price of oil surged above $94 a barrel. The price of gasoline on the West Coast is expected to get hit, as a result.
- Dodge is parking its involvement with NASCAR competition at the end of the 2012 season. The decision affects Dodge's involvement in both the Sprint Cup Series and the Nationwide Series.
- Updated renderings of 1 World Trade Center show recent design changes to the base and spire of the building, formerly known as the Freedom Tower. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey owns the World Trade Center site and released the images today.
Most Popular Today
- 1.Retail & Restaurants
What Will Cost More/Less In 2015
- 2.Your Money Matters
Denny Sanford To Donate $25 Million For Scholarship Program
- 3.Your Money Matters
Denny Sanford's Multi-Million Solution To Worker Shortage
Sony Cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25 Release
Top Theater Chains Cancel 'The Interview' Showings
Sturgis Officials Planning For 2015 Rally Traffic
- 7.Meetings & Events, High School
HS Basketball To Fill Pentagon
- 8.Gas & Energy
Sioux Falls Average Gas Price Among The Lowest In U.S.
- 9.Gas & Energy
SD Gas Prices At Five-Year Low
SDSU Research Park First Certified Technology Park