- A good day for the stock market propelled two of the key averages over milestones. The S&P gained 7 points to finish above 1,400 for the first time in three months. The Nasdaq was up 26 points to 3,016. The Dow rose 51, or 0.4 percent, to 13,169.
- The Walt Disney Co.'s profit for the third-quarter topped analyst estimates while revenue was short despite a surge in profit from "The Avengers." Disney shares headed lower in after-hours trading immediately after the news was announced.
- With a big refinery in California closed by fire, the price of oil surged above $94 a barrel. The price of gasoline on the West Coast is expected to get hit, as a result.
- Dodge is parking its involvement with NASCAR competition at the end of the 2012 season. The decision affects Dodge's involvement in both the Sprint Cup Series and the Nationwide Series.
- Updated renderings of 1 World Trade Center show recent design changes to the base and spire of the building, formerly known as the Freedom Tower. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey owns the World Trade Center site and released the images today.
Most Popular Today
The Super Bowl Ad Game: Celebrities, Animals And Humor
- 2.Retail & Restaurants
Football Fans Fill Sports Bars For Super Bowl 50
- 3.Your Money Matters
Phishing Emails Targeting Jobseekers
Sioux Falls Is A Top Pick For College Grads
- 5.Retail & Restaurants
Consumer Alert: BBB Valentine's Day Tips For Your Heart And Wallet
- 6.Health Care
New $18 Million Hospital Planned For Custer
- 7.Education Funding
Sales Tax Hike For Teacher Pay Passes State House Committee
- 8.Education Funding, Education
Teacher Pay Tax Hike Set For Debate In Legislative Committee
- 9.Crops, General
USDA Grant To Help South Dakota Increase Ethanol Usage
Monday Morning Business Brief