Tacos Source Of School Sickness In Pierre
February 7, 2012, 6:39 AM
PIERRE, SD -
South Dakota health officials have concluded that food poisoning sickened dozens of people who attended a high school basketball game in Pierre.
State Epidemiologist Lon Kightlinger says the culprit was a bacteria found on meat and poultry. He says people who filled out questionnaires implicated tacos sold by a school group as a fundraiser during the Jan. 31 game between Pierre and Mitchell.
The illness caused by the bacteria lasts for less than 24 hours for most people. No serious illnesses have been reported in Pierre or Mitchell because of the taco incident.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
3/4/2014 6:15 PM
When you schedule a doctor's appointment, chances are you've been asked if it's ok you see a physician assistant or nurse practitioner ins...
3/3/2014 6:11 PM
It might not quite be summer outside, but inside Form Fitness Boutique an exercise group is sharpening up its rowing skills.
3/5/2014 3:30 PM
If you have a heater that looks like a fireplace, it may be part of a recall. Twin-Star is recalling thousands of space heaters because they can overh...
3/6/2014 6:13 PM
During cold and flu season, it can be difficult to determine if your children should go to the doctor or if you should just help them with their sympt...
3/7/2014 6:12 PM
What do you get when you mix a former professional athlete with health officials, dairy farmers and students? Well, Brandon school leaders hope it'...