FLANDREAU, SD -
On the way to celebrate their service, Flandreau firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire.
Around 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, a team was on its way to celebrate the Pipestone, Minnesota Fire Department's 125th anniversary when they were called to Dakota Transformers in Flandreau for a fire in the paint booth.
The fire originated from an exhaust fan in the room.
It was contained within minutes, but damaged about five pieces of tin and the room's east wall.
The cause of the fire is pretty common.
“It just built up paint residue from the years of painting back there,” Flandreau Fire Chief Judd Krull said.
The company is expected to replace their venting system.
© 2012 KELOLAND TV. All Rights Reserved.