Family Safe Following Garage Fire
July 5, 2010, 8:21 AM
Updated: July 5, 2010, 10:49 AM
SIOUX FALLS, SD -
Officials confirm that fireworks are to blame for a late night fire.
A homeowner on Judy Avenue, in southeast Sioux Falls, woke up around 11:30 to find his garage on fire. Fortunately, everyone got out okay.
The flames got so hot, a vehicle inside the garage was partially melted.
Investigators say someone had picked up the remnants of fireworks, threw them in a bucket and then left the trash inside the garage. It smoldered and eventually started the fire.
© 2010 KELOLAND TV. All Rights Reserved.
3/3/2015 1:56 PM
Scott Adelman paid $70,000 for a 4,500-square-foot brick home in Fargo, but he has to move it out to nearby Horace.
2/27/2015 10:21 AM
Paul Ell of Big Lake, MN snagged a 11.6-pound, 29.5-inch walleye after 6 p.m. Thursday night.
2/27/2015 10:44 AM
A former Sioux Falls teacher pleads guilty to sexual contact charges for a relationship she had with a student.
3/1/2015 5:47 AM
Temperatures this morning are mostly in the single digits and teens with clouds moving out of the area. Some areas of southern KELOLAND could see some...
2/27/2015 5:58 PM
After more than a decade of eligibility and few brushes with history, South Dakota finally has its first-ever female participant at the state wrestlin...