Wednesday Evening Business Brief
September 12, 2012, 5:57 PM
- Stock prices finished the session with modest gains. The Dow rose 10 points to 13,333. The S&P was up 3 points, while the Nasdaq rose nearly 10 points.
- It is a milestone for efforts to stabilize Europe's financial markets. Germany's highest court has allowed creation of Europe's $640 billion rescue fund for indebted governments by rejecting calls to block it.
- Apple's iPhone 5 will be in stores in the U.S. and several other countries Sept. 21. The phone is thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4S and a third of an inch taller.
- The price of oil dropped a bit today on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Benchmark crude fell 16 cents to settle at $97.01 a barrel.
- A federal bankruptcy judge has approved three labor contracts ratified by union workers at American Airlines. The approval covers deals with flight attendants, mechanics and maintenance clerks.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
7/22/2014 11:23 AM
A Central California company has issued a voluntary nationwide recall of specific lots of its fresh peaches, plums, nectarines and pluots over concern...
7/23/2014 6:30 AM
605 Running Co., 124 S. Phillips Avenue, just opened its doors on Friday. It's a big grand opening for the store, but also for Downtown ...
7/22/2014 6:10 PM
Sioux Falls latest Walmart store is preparing to open in just a few weeks.
7/21/2014 3:02 PM
Dethroned cyclist Lance Armstrong has been named the official grand marshal of the mayor's ride to kick off the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
7/16/2014 10:10 PM
This year, new mortgage rules went into effect to protect homeowners who are struggling. Potential buyers are also required to get education before en...