Wednesday Evening Business Brief
September 12, 2012, 5:57 PM
- Stock prices finished the session with modest gains. The Dow rose 10 points to 13,333. The S&P was up 3 points, while the Nasdaq rose nearly 10 points.
- It is a milestone for efforts to stabilize Europe's financial markets. Germany's highest court has allowed creation of Europe's $640 billion rescue fund for indebted governments by rejecting calls to block it.
- Apple's iPhone 5 will be in stores in the U.S. and several other countries Sept. 21. The phone is thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4S and a third of an inch taller.
- The price of oil dropped a bit today on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Benchmark crude fell 16 cents to settle at $97.01 a barrel.
- A federal bankruptcy judge has approved three labor contracts ratified by union workers at American Airlines. The approval covers deals with flight attendants, mechanics and maintenance clerks.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
10/5/2015 10:02 PM
Our KELOLAND News investigation revealed some of the problems surrounding the multimillion dollar GEAR UP grant that caused the state to end its partn...
10/2/2015 3:14 PM
Phelps administered the GEAR UP program which prepared and encouraged Native American students to enroll into higher educaton.
10/2/2015 2:03 PM
Marco's Pizza filed a building permit to set up shop in a new stripmall on South Sycamore Avenue.
10/6/2015 6:05 PM
Half a million documents that are supposed to be on the South Dakota's Secretary of State website are not online. The current Secretary Shan...
10/5/2015 3:08 PM
On October 21, the same day Marty McFly traveled through time, the soda company is releasing Pepsi Perfect.