Wednesday Evening Business Brief
September 12, 2012, 5:57 PM
- Stock prices finished the session with modest gains. The Dow rose 10 points to 13,333. The S&P was up 3 points, while the Nasdaq rose nearly 10 points.
- It is a milestone for efforts to stabilize Europe's financial markets. Germany's highest court has allowed creation of Europe's $640 billion rescue fund for indebted governments by rejecting calls to block it.
- Apple's iPhone 5 will be in stores in the U.S. and several other countries Sept. 21. The phone is thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4S and a third of an inch taller.
- The price of oil dropped a bit today on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Benchmark crude fell 16 cents to settle at $97.01 a barrel.
- A federal bankruptcy judge has approved three labor contracts ratified by union workers at American Airlines. The approval covers deals with flight attendants, mechanics and maintenance clerks.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
1/20/2015 3:29 PM
Dollar Loan Center owner Chuck Brennan is releasing the first images of the design for Badlands Pawn, Gold & Jewelry.
1/23/2015 11:15 AM
Bret Michaels and Lita Ford will perform at the District on Wednesday, Jan. 28 to celebrate the ground breaking of Badlands Pawn.
1/20/2015 11:09 AM
While the new owners are not ready to announce yet, Gellerman says they will be remodeling the restaurant to make it their own.
1/23/2015 4:00 PM
The former Long John Silver's on Minnesota Avenue is going to become a Mexican fast food restaurant.
1/21/2015 9:12 PM
A fried chicken favorite is back in Sioux Falls.