Wednesday Evening Business Brief
September 12, 2012, 5:57 PM
- Stock prices finished the session with modest gains. The Dow rose 10 points to 13,333. The S&P was up 3 points, while the Nasdaq rose nearly 10 points.
- It is a milestone for efforts to stabilize Europe's financial markets. Germany's highest court has allowed creation of Europe's $640 billion rescue fund for indebted governments by rejecting calls to block it.
- Apple's iPhone 5 will be in stores in the U.S. and several other countries Sept. 21. The phone is thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4S and a third of an inch taller.
- The price of oil dropped a bit today on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Benchmark crude fell 16 cents to settle at $97.01 a barrel.
- A federal bankruptcy judge has approved three labor contracts ratified by union workers at American Airlines. The approval covers deals with flight attendants, mechanics and maintenance clerks.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
7/29/2015 1:58 PM
An Allegiant Airlines pilot declared a fuel emergency and had to land at a North Dakota airport even though the airport was closed for the Blue Angels...
7/29/2015 9:53 AM
Just a year after opening on East 10th Street and Bahnson Avenue in Sioux Falls, Lick The Spoon restaurant has closed its doors. Angela Becker o...
7/30/2015 5:18 PM
A successful online retailer is opening her first brick and mortar shop in Sioux Falls.
7/29/2015 1:00 PM
Barber tells KELOLAND News while the plans still have yet to be finalized, they call for a couple of apartment buildings with eight to 12 units, as we...
7/28/2015 4:35 PM
The Duluth Trading Company is coming to a newly remodeled downtown building on Phillips Avenue in Sioux Falls.