Wednesday Evening Business Brief
September 12, 2012, 5:57 PM
- Stock prices finished the session with modest gains. The Dow rose 10 points to 13,333. The S&P was up 3 points, while the Nasdaq rose nearly 10 points.
- It is a milestone for efforts to stabilize Europe's financial markets. Germany's highest court has allowed creation of Europe's $640 billion rescue fund for indebted governments by rejecting calls to block it.
- Apple's iPhone 5 will be in stores in the U.S. and several other countries Sept. 21. The phone is thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4S and a third of an inch taller.
- The price of oil dropped a bit today on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Benchmark crude fell 16 cents to settle at $97.01 a barrel.
- A federal bankruptcy judge has approved three labor contracts ratified by union workers at American Airlines. The approval covers deals with flight attendants, mechanics and maintenance clerks.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
3/6/2014 1:10 PM
A Sioux Falls store is going out of business. The John Adam Collection gift and home décor store at 3401 S. Kelley Avenue will close by Ju...
3/3/2014 2:54 PM
CheapAir.com monitored four million trips, and on average the best day to buy is 54 days before takeoff.
2/28/2014 5:55 PM
The annual RibFest is changing its tune this year with a new sponsor, a new venue and a new slate of performers.
2/28/2014 12:01 PM
Some old homes on Second Avenue between East 13th Street and East 14th Street, right across the street from the Sunshine grocery store, are coming dow...
2/28/2014 5:00 PM
It's a common struggle for many South Dakota cities. The economy is strong, so businesses are growing and moving to the state.