Wednesday Evening Business Brief
September 12, 2012, 5:57 PM
- Stock prices finished the session with modest gains. The Dow rose 10 points to 13,333. The S&P was up 3 points, while the Nasdaq rose nearly 10 points.
- It is a milestone for efforts to stabilize Europe's financial markets. Germany's highest court has allowed creation of Europe's $640 billion rescue fund for indebted governments by rejecting calls to block it.
- Apple's iPhone 5 will be in stores in the U.S. and several other countries Sept. 21. The phone is thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4S and a third of an inch taller.
- The price of oil dropped a bit today on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Benchmark crude fell 16 cents to settle at $97.01 a barrel.
- A federal bankruptcy judge has approved three labor contracts ratified by union workers at American Airlines. The approval covers deals with flight attendants, mechanics and maintenance clerks.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
3/6/2014 1:10 PM
A Sioux Falls store is going out of business. The John Adam Collection gift and home décor store at 3401 S. Kelley Avenue will close by Ju...
3/9/2014 10:55 AM
Microsoft is preparing its customers for the end of technical support and security updates for its XP operating system.
As of April 8, Microsoft sa...
3/7/2014 8:38 AM
A company that has been making Black Hills gold jewelry for 136 years has been sold to another Black Hills jeweler.
3/10/2014 2:51 PM
Monday's spring-like weather could bring in plenty of traffic for Yogurt City, which is located in the strip mall at Western Avenue and 41st Stree...
3/7/2014 2:43 PM
GreatLife Malaska Golf & Fitness has added two more courses to its unlimited memberships.