Wednesday Evening Business Brief
September 12, 2012, 5:57 PM
- Stock prices finished the session with modest gains. The Dow rose 10 points to 13,333. The S&P was up 3 points, while the Nasdaq rose nearly 10 points.
- It is a milestone for efforts to stabilize Europe's financial markets. Germany's highest court has allowed creation of Europe's $640 billion rescue fund for indebted governments by rejecting calls to block it.
- Apple's iPhone 5 will be in stores in the U.S. and several other countries Sept. 21. The phone is thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4S and a third of an inch taller.
- The price of oil dropped a bit today on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Benchmark crude fell 16 cents to settle at $97.01 a barrel.
- A federal bankruptcy judge has approved three labor contracts ratified by union workers at American Airlines. The approval covers deals with flight attendants, mechanics and maintenance clerks.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
3/27/2015 4:51 PM
The same company that designs BMX bike tracks for the Olympics is coming to South Dakota to create Brookings' newest park.
3/30/2015 8:40 AM
Montgomery Gentry, Cheap Trick, Uncle Kracker and Warrant are scheduled to perform at the annual event from May 28 to May 31.
3/30/2015 9:45 AM
How much does making $50,000 a year differ from one state to another, once you figure in taxes and cost of living?
3/25/2015 6:06 PM
The speed limit is only going up on stretches of road where the limit was 75 miles per hour, now going up to 80 mph.
3/25/2015 9:54 AM
Barbara Ortiz Howard already has a day job maintaining apartment buildings near New York City. Now she has a second job and it's all about money. ...