Wednesday Evening Business Brief
September 12, 2012, 5:57 PM
- Stock prices finished the session with modest gains. The Dow rose 10 points to 13,333. The S&P was up 3 points, while the Nasdaq rose nearly 10 points.
- It is a milestone for efforts to stabilize Europe's financial markets. Germany's highest court has allowed creation of Europe's $640 billion rescue fund for indebted governments by rejecting calls to block it.
- Apple's iPhone 5 will be in stores in the U.S. and several other countries Sept. 21. The phone is thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4S and a third of an inch taller.
- The price of oil dropped a bit today on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Benchmark crude fell 16 cents to settle at $97.01 a barrel.
- A federal bankruptcy judge has approved three labor contracts ratified by union workers at American Airlines. The approval covers deals with flight attendants, mechanics and maintenance clerks.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
12/15/2014 9:56 AM
A Sioux Falls bakery is getting more national recognition. CH Patisserie has been named one of the top 75 bakeries in the nation by The Daily Me...
12/15/2014 10:10 PM
For more than two decades, Cliff Hangers Gallery has been a fixture in Sioux Falls. A couple of years ago, the business moved from Park Ridge Ga...
12/16/2014 1:36 PM
Industry experts say gasoline prices will continue to fall in 2015, but other prices are expected to rise.
12/16/2014 4:30 PM
Philanthropist T. Denny Sanford is donating $25 million to South Dakota for a scholarship program for the state's technical schools.&nbs...
12/16/2014 10:04 PM
Sanford's money provides half of the funds for a $50 million scholarship program at the state's technical schools to train workers to fill job...