Wednesday Evening Business Brief
September 12, 2012, 5:57 PM
- Stock prices finished the session with modest gains. The Dow rose 10 points to 13,333. The S&P was up 3 points, while the Nasdaq rose nearly 10 points.
- It is a milestone for efforts to stabilize Europe's financial markets. Germany's highest court has allowed creation of Europe's $640 billion rescue fund for indebted governments by rejecting calls to block it.
- Apple's iPhone 5 will be in stores in the U.S. and several other countries Sept. 21. The phone is thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4S and a third of an inch taller.
- The price of oil dropped a bit today on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Benchmark crude fell 16 cents to settle at $97.01 a barrel.
- A federal bankruptcy judge has approved three labor contracts ratified by union workers at American Airlines. The approval covers deals with flight attendants, mechanics and maintenance clerks.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
10/22/2014 10:05 PM
Your options for sushi in Sioux Falls have just been cut by three. The restaurants mysteriously shut down this week, leaving customers and employees a...
10/20/2014 12:18 PM
Prime real estate on 41st Street in Sioux Falls is for sale. Valentino's Restaurant at 41st Street and Western Avenue has been listed for $1.35 mi...
10/22/2014 4:45 PM
Three sushi restaurants have all closed for business in Sioux Falls.
10/20/2014 12:31 PM
A longtime fast food option in Sioux Falls, the Long John Silver's restaurant is closing after more than 30 years in business.
10/21/2014 11:00 AM
Gas prices have fallen to a nearly four-year low nationwide at an average of $3.09 a gallon. AAA South Dakota says U.S. gas prices could drop to...