Wednesday Evening Business Brief
September 5, 2012, 5:18 PM
- Stock prices closed mixed. The Dow gained nearly 12 points to 13,047. The S&P fell nearly 2 points, while the Nasdaq dropped nearly 6 points.
- The government today issued an upward revision to second-quarter productivity. It was put at a modest 2.2 percent annual rate, mostly because employers cut back on hiring.
- Ford is recalling 7,600 new Escapes to fix coolant leaks that can cause engines to overheat or catch fire. The recall affects 2013 models with 1.6-liter four-cylinder engines.
- Facebook's stock increased nearly 5 percent today following the disclosure that CEO Mark Zuckerberg won't sell stock in the company for at least a year. The stock is still trading at less than half of the $38 that it went for in May initial public offering.
- There was little change in oil prices today. Benchmark oil rose 6 cents to settle at $95.36 per barrel in New York.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
5/20/2015 5:19 AM
Takata's decision to add more than 18 million air bags to existing recalls comes following pressure from U.S. safety regulators.
5/19/2015 2:06 PM
Demolition of the Burger King building will get underway June 1 and the strip mall will be complete in mid-October.
5/19/2015 4:10 PM
A new strip mall is coming to 41st Street across from the Western Mall. Lloyd Companies is taking out the K & H Car Wash, Mobil gas station ...
5/19/2015 9:45 AM
Raven Industries is reporting significant first quarter profit losses. Raven's net sales were down 31.4 percent to $70.3 million. Raven'...
5/21/2015 2:30 PM
AARP cites Sioux Falls' 25-mile walking and biking trail that loops the entire city, offering views of the historic core, as one of the reaso...