Wednesday Evening Business Brief
September 5, 2012, 5:18 PM
- Stock prices closed mixed. The Dow gained nearly 12 points to 13,047. The S&P fell nearly 2 points, while the Nasdaq dropped nearly 6 points.
- The government today issued an upward revision to second-quarter productivity. It was put at a modest 2.2 percent annual rate, mostly because employers cut back on hiring.
- Ford is recalling 7,600 new Escapes to fix coolant leaks that can cause engines to overheat or catch fire. The recall affects 2013 models with 1.6-liter four-cylinder engines.
- Facebook's stock increased nearly 5 percent today following the disclosure that CEO Mark Zuckerberg won't sell stock in the company for at least a year. The stock is still trading at less than half of the $38 that it went for in May initial public offering.
- There was little change in oil prices today. Benchmark oil rose 6 cents to settle at $95.36 per barrel in New York.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
10/29/2014 11:45 AM
Five Guys Burgers and Fries will open up a second location in Sioux Falls in the former Extreme Automotive building at 49th Street and Louise Avenue.
10/27/2014 11:10 AM
The three sushi restaurants that closed last week in Sioux Falls were back open for business over the weekend.
10/26/2014 6:00 AM
There are a number of big issues this election year, but there are also big issues that people won't be voting on next week, like raising teacher ...
10/28/2014 3:59 PM
A new month is right around the corner, and that means DealNews has released its list of the best things to buy in November.
10/27/2014 11:38 AM
The $5 million hotel called the AeroStay at the Sioux Falls airport is taking shape. Exterior walls are going up for the 76 rooms and the buildi...