Wednesday Evening Business Brief
September 5, 2012, 5:18 PM
- Stock prices closed mixed. The Dow gained nearly 12 points to 13,047. The S&P fell nearly 2 points, while the Nasdaq dropped nearly 6 points.
- The government today issued an upward revision to second-quarter productivity. It was put at a modest 2.2 percent annual rate, mostly because employers cut back on hiring.
- Ford is recalling 7,600 new Escapes to fix coolant leaks that can cause engines to overheat or catch fire. The recall affects 2013 models with 1.6-liter four-cylinder engines.
- Facebook's stock increased nearly 5 percent today following the disclosure that CEO Mark Zuckerberg won't sell stock in the company for at least a year. The stock is still trading at less than half of the $38 that it went for in May initial public offering.
- There was little change in oil prices today. Benchmark oil rose 6 cents to settle at $95.36 per barrel in New York.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
1/28/2015 5:12 AM
Physician assistants topped the list, which has an average base salary of $111,376.
1/23/2015 11:15 AM
Bret Michaels and Lita Ford will perform at the District on Wednesday, Jan. 28 to celebrate the ground breaking of Badlands Pawn.
1/23/2015 4:00 PM
The former Long John Silver's on Minnesota Avenue is going to become a Mexican fast food restaurant.
1/27/2015 11:10 AM
For the first time in months, South Dakota's average gas price rose last week. According to a AAA report, the increase is due to a series of...
1/27/2015 7:30 AM
A Sioux Falls-based company hopes to more than double the number of egg-laying hens in South Dakota by opening a large chicken operation near Parker.