Unattended Cooking Causes Sioux Falls Fire
January 11, 2005, 6:39 AM
Unattended cooking is likely to blame for a house fire in the southwest part of Sioux Falls. The blaze broke out around 4:00 yesterday afternoon.
Crews were able to get the fire under control quickly, but they remained on the scene putting out hot spots. The fire did extensive damage, which is estimated to be over $50,000.
One person was in the home at the time, and taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Two cats were also saved.
© 2005 KELOLAND TV. All Rights Reserved.
3/5/2014 9:55 PM
The kids were ready to start class with a substitute teacher, but then she left the room, and things went horribly wrong.
3/2/2014 7:12 PM
A woman is dead and her husband injured after a fire in Spink County.
3/2/2014 12:41 PM
Members of the Sturgis wrestling team were easy to spot at the South Dakota state tournament. They went bleach blond for Brandon.
3/7/2014 10:01 AM
Yankton Police Chief Brian Paulsen says authorities caught up with Joshua Charles Hudson Friday morning.
3/1/2014 5:25 AM
Neither alcohol or excessive speed appear to be factors in a crash that killed three Minnesota college students, who were members of one of the nation...