Tuesday Afternoon Business Brief
September 18, 2012, 1:30 PM
- Stocks have been slightly lower today, in a session marked by low volatility. Shares of Apple traded above $700 for the first time, before easing back.
- Because its shipping business is so large, FedEx is watched closely for indications about the global economy. It is now saying the global economy is stalling and is likely to be in worse shape over the next year.
- Retailer Kohl's says it expects to hire more than 52,700 people this holiday season. That would be up more than 10 percent from last year.
- Ford CEO Alan Mulally says he has not told the company's board when he plans to retire. Board members with the automaker discussed a succession plan last week, but no decision was announced.
- NFL Films President Steve Sabol has died from brain cancer. He was 69. His father founded the enterprise which helped to make the NFL popular.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
10/22/2014 10:05 PM
Your options for sushi in Sioux Falls have just been cut by three. The restaurants mysteriously shut down this week, leaving customers and employees a...
10/20/2014 12:18 PM
Prime real estate on 41st Street in Sioux Falls is for sale. Valentino's Restaurant at 41st Street and Western Avenue has been listed for $1.35 mi...
10/22/2014 4:45 PM
Three sushi restaurants have all closed for business in Sioux Falls.
10/20/2014 12:31 PM
A longtime fast food option in Sioux Falls, the Long John Silver's restaurant is closing after more than 30 years in business.
10/21/2014 11:00 AM
Gas prices have fallen to a nearly four-year low nationwide at an average of $3.09 a gallon. AAA South Dakota says U.S. gas prices could drop to...