Tuesday Afternoon Business Brief
September 18, 2012, 1:30 PM
- Stocks have been slightly lower today, in a session marked by low volatility. Shares of Apple traded above $700 for the first time, before easing back.
- Because its shipping business is so large, FedEx is watched closely for indications about the global economy. It is now saying the global economy is stalling and is likely to be in worse shape over the next year.
- Retailer Kohl's says it expects to hire more than 52,700 people this holiday season. That would be up more than 10 percent from last year.
- Ford CEO Alan Mulally says he has not told the company's board when he plans to retire. Board members with the automaker discussed a succession plan last week, but no decision was announced.
- NFL Films President Steve Sabol has died from brain cancer. He was 69. His father founded the enterprise which helped to make the NFL popular.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.