Timeline For Honoring Janklow On Tuesday
January 16, 2012, 4:18 PM
PIERRE, SD -
People in Pierre will honor former Governor Bill Janklow on Tuesday.
His body will lie in state from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the South Dakota Capitol. People who wish to pay their respects will enter the Capitol from the north doors. Those doors will be closed at 10:30 a.m. to ensure everyone inside has a chance to view the flag-draped casket.
A memorial ceremony will be held at 1 p.m. on Tuesday. That is expected to last about 45 minutes. You can watch the memorial service live on KELO-TV and KELOLAND.com.
Following that ceremony, an honor guard will carry the casket down the front steps of the Capitol. As that happens, there will be a flyover by F-16 jets, a 21-gun salute and taps.
The casket will be escorted from Pierre to Sioux Falls by the South Dakota Highway Patrol.
The state has provided a list of approximate times that the procession will pass certain points on Tuesday. People who would like to view the procession can not park on the shoulder of Interstate 90 or on I-90 overpasses. Instead, you are asked to park off the interstate on the shoulder of entrance and exit ramps or on side roads.
• Leave State Capitol at 1:45 p.m.
• Arrive Fort Pierre on Highway 83 at 1:51 p.m.
• Arrive at I-90 at Vivian at 2:23 p.m.
• Arrive Presho on I-90 at 2:35 p.m.
• Arrive Kennebec on I-90 at 2:41 p.m.
• Arrive Reliance on I-90 at 2:53 p.m.
• Arrive Oacoma on I-90 at 3:01 p.m.
• Arrive Chamberlain on I-90 at 3:07 p.m.
• Arrive Pukwana on I-90 at 3:14 p.m.
• Arrive Kimball on I-90 at 3:22 p.m.
• Arrive White Lake on I-90 at 3:26 p.m.
• Arrive Plankinton on I-90 at 3:42 p.m.
• Arrive Mount Vernon on I-90 at 3:52 p.m.
• Arrive Mitchell on I-90 at 4:02 p.m.
• Arrive Alexandria on I-90 at 4:11 p.m.
• Arrive Salem on I-90 at 4:26 p.m.
• Arrive Humboldt on I-90 at 4:40 p.m.
• Arrive Hartford on I-90 at 4:48 p.m.
• Arrive Sioux Falls on I-90 at 5:15 p.m.
© 2012 KELOLAND TV. All Rights Reserved.
5/23/2013 10:24 AM
Hand County authorities say the 81-year-old Pierre man who had been missing since Sunday morning was found dead.
5/19/2013 11:56 AM
The Hand County Sheriff’s Office is searching for Leroy Nye, who was last seen at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 18.
5/22/2013 9:46 PM
According to the Hand County Sheriff's Office, Leroy Nye and the vehicle Nye drove have been found but no other details have been released.
5/19/2013 5:22 PM
Police are still actively searching for Leroy Nye, 81, who went missing from a home in St. Lawrence, SD and are asking for your help.
5/22/2013 6:34 AM
Authorities have identified a man found dead in a drainage ditch in Rapid City, though they aren't releasing his name until his family is notified...