Sisseton Business Fire Ruled Accidental
November 9, 2010, 12:24 PM
SISSETON, SD -
A fire that damaged the Schiltz Foods goose processing plant in Sisseton has been ruled accidental.
State Fire Marshal Al Christie says that the fire appears to be the result of work gloves stored in a cardboard box in the plant's boiler room spontaneously combusting.
The fire last Friday spread from the boiler room to the roof and took fire crews several hours to put out.
The plant is running at a limited capacity and expects to be fully operational by Monday.
© 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
12/3/2013 10:40 AM
Schools in Dell Rapids are back to normal, after students were told to stay inside much of Tuesday morning while law enforcement looked for someone in...
12/3/2013 4:35 PM
Snow reports of six to ten inches have already been reported in west central to northwest South Dakota. That is, from Stanley and Haakon Countie...
12/2/2013 4:09 PM
Sioux Falls police are investigating a shooting in the northwest part of the city that left one person dead and another with life-threatening injuries...
12/4/2013 9:55 AM
Robbery was the motive behind a crime in Sioux Falls that ended with one man dead and another hurt.
12/3/2013 5:37 PM
Two suspects in a deadly shooting in Sioux Falls are in custody in Watertown.