Gov. Dennis Daugaard says 12 South Dakota school districts will receive grants totaling more than $8.5 million to develop and strengthen career and technical education programs.
Daugaard says the grants from the state Future Fund will improve career and technical education programs that prepare students for jobs or further education.
School districts and the amount they receive are:
- Aberdeen School District - $2 million
- Burke School District - $604,010
- Madison Central School District - $376,808
- Meade School District - $89,967
- Mitchell School District - $1.2 million
- Northeast Technical High School - $150,000
- Northwest Area Schools Multi District - $830,800
- Rapid City Area School District- $2 million
- Sioux Falls School District- $768,454
- Todd County School District- $103,560
- Vermillion School District- $99,380
- Yankton- $280,325