South Dakota will host six meetings to discuss expanding the state's workforce.
Governor Dennis Daugaard says a small labor pool is the state's biggest limitation to economic growth. Daugaard's Workforce Summits will bring together state, community, business and education leaders. Attendees will discuss current programs and trends and give feedback for future efforts.
The first event will take place April 29 at Mitchell Technical Institute.
The other meetings are:
- Wednesday, May 21, at Lake Area Technical Institute in Watertown
- Thursday, May 22, at the Days Inn Convention Center in Brookings
- Tuesday, June 3, at the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn in Rapid City
- Wednesday, June 4, at the Dakota Event Center in Aberdeen
- Tuesday, June 17, at the Sioux Falls Convention Center
Most Popular Today
Simply Mac Coming To Sioux Falls
Keller Williams To Acquire Another Real Estate Firm
Keller Williams Acquiring HJN
Debt And The Midwest
- 5.Development, Events Center
New Developments Near Events Center Taking Shape
Census Estimates Sioux Falls Population Nearing 165,000
Main Avenue Diet Helping Grow Business
Keller Williams Buys Out HJN Realty
- 9.Health Care
ND Hospital, National Nonprofit Talk Affiliation
- 10.Agriculture, Employment
Workforce Team To Help Cherokee Tyson Workers