A house fire in Aberdeen is believed to have started when a family was trying to thaw frozen pipes Sunday afternoon.
The American Red Cross says the fire was in a mobile home at Park Village.
Four people and two dogs were able to escape. One dog died in the fire.
The home is considered to be a total loss.
The Red Cross is providing assistance with food and clothing and the family will be staying with relatives.
The Red Cross encourages everyone to stay safe by following prevention tips. Read these tips online.