The South Dakota Fire Marshal's Office says a fire that destroyed a home in an east Pierre neighborhood was accidental.
A report from the office says the Friday night fire was likely caused by smoking material.
There were no injuries as the couple and four children were not home at the time.
Crews fought to keep the fire from spreading to nearby homes, and embers also started small grassfires behind the house. Those were quickly extinguished.
A neighbor is collecting clothes and household items to help the family.
Most Popular Today
- 1.Retail & Restaurants
What Will Cost More/Less In 2015
- 2.Your Money Matters
Denny Sanford To Donate $25 Million For Scholarship Program
- 3.Your Money Matters
Denny Sanford's Multi-Million Solution To Worker Shortage
Sony Cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25 Release
Sturgis Officials Planning For 2015 Rally Traffic
Top Theater Chains Cancel 'The Interview' Showings
- 7.Meetings & Events, High School
HS Basketball To Fill Pentagon
- 8.Gas & Energy
SD Gas Prices At Five-Year Low
SDSU Research Park First Certified Technology Park
- 10.Education Funding
Rapid City School Officials To Consider Tax Opt Out