New Boiler Could Address Monoxide Fumes
February 18, 2009, 12:27 PM
Officials hope a new boiler fixes problems of carbon monoxide fumes in Mitchell's Public Safety Building, which houses police, fire, ambulance and emergency communications workers.
Additional carbon monoxide detectors have been installed for now.
Public Safety Chief Lyndon Overweg says it's a problem related to not having enough fresh air available for the boiler.
The new boiler will be installed in a new location in the building.
© 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
3/5/2014 9:55 PM
The kids were ready to start class with a substitute teacher, but then she left the room, and things went horribly wrong.
3/2/2014 7:12 PM
A woman is dead and her husband injured after a fire in Spink County.
3/7/2014 10:01 AM
Yankton Police Chief Brian Paulsen says authorities caught up with Joshua Charles Hudson Friday morning.
3/2/2014 12:41 PM
Members of the Sturgis wrestling team were easy to spot at the South Dakota state tournament. They went bleach blond for Brandon.
3/4/2014 11:59 AM
A 22-year-old Sioux Falls man who admitted to texting and driving and killing a motorcyclist in the summer of 2012 will be sentenced Tuesday afternoon...