A 1-year-old Minnesota boy who was poisoned when he bit into a Tide detergent pod is improving at a North Dakota hospital.
Alexander Rohde from Hitterdal, Minn., was flown to Sanford's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Fargo last weekend.
He's now breathing on his own.
An aunt posted to an online site that Alex was taken off the breathing tubes on Friday morning and "being a little feisty" but that's OK.
Family members say he thought the pod was a treat. He started throwing up and soon could not breathe.
Alex's mother, Michelle Klienschmidt, earlier said that Tide should change the look of its pod. The company said in a statement it's working to educate people on keeping them out of the reach of children.
Most Popular Today
- 1.Retail & Restaurants
Local Applebee's Restaurants Won't Have Tablets Yet
GreatLife Malaska Golf & Fitness Announcement
New Apartments At Willow Run
Sioux Falls Experiencing Financial Prosperity
Pierre Travelers Face Cancellations, Delays
- 6.College, General
NCAA Championships Mean Big Business For Sioux Falls
- 7.Your Money Matters, Affordable Care Act
HealthCare.gov Gets Up To Speed
Minnesota2020: Increase Minimum Wage To $9.50
Local Businesses Recognized For Employing Individuals With Disabilities
New iPhone App To Improve Golf Swing