According to AAA, this year nearly 95 million people are expected to travel somewhere for Christmas.
With many people traveling the roads, air and railways, there are many safety tips to remember:
- Remember to prepare your car by checking the battery, tire tread and windshield wipers.
- Keep you and your family protected by keeping a flashlight and jumper cables handy.
- Also, prevent crashes by slowing down and increase your distance between cars.
- Keep your eyes open for pedestrians walking in the road.
- If you are planning to drink, designate a sober driver
You can also visit Safe Travel USA's website for a full look at road conditions in South Dakota.