Authorities say the man who died in a fire at a St. Charles motel was from South Dakota.
Police say 47-year-old Vincent Edward Wright, of Avon, had checked into the Downtown Motel earlier Thursday and was the only one registered to the room. Three other motel guests escaped unharmed when fire broke out about 11 p.m.
St. Charles Fire Chief Lyle Peterson says flames were "through the roof and out the windows" when firefighters arrived. Fire crews left the scene about 3:30 a.m. Friday.
Firefighters were called back about an hour later when the fire reignited. Peterson says five of the motel's 10 rooms were severely damaged or destroyed. The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.
Most Popular Today
- 1.Education Funding
Fired GEAR UP Worker Defends Stacy Phelps
Bison Ranch Owner By Turner Gets Permit For Feedlot Addition
- 3.Development, Flooding
City Of Sioux Falls Buying Homes In Area that Floods
Thanksgiving 2015: Cheap Gas But Fears Of Terrorism
- 5.Retail & Restaurants
SD Attorney General Urges Residents To Be Careful Shoppers
Gas Prices Impact On Delivery Services
- 7.Education Funding
Black Hills State University Selected To Administer GEAR UP Program For Regents
- 8.Retail & Restaurants, Shops
Best Days To Get A Deal
- 9.Retail & Restaurants
Mayor Declares Small Business Saturday In Sioux Falls
Wednesday Morning Business Brief