A Rapid City child is doing well after her mom found her unconscious in the back seat of the car from what turned out to be carbon monoxide poisoning.
Lavita Ramirez says she initially didn't know what happened to 9-year-old Leticia.
Bystanders called paramedics and the girl was taken to a hospital and given oxygen.
The fire department determined the car had damage to its exhaust pipe. Ramirez recently bought the used car from a tow yard.
Common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include drowsiness, nausea, headache and flu-like systems.
Most Popular Today
Sioux City Riverboat Casino Prepares For Last Day
Keller Williams Acquiring HJN
Keller Williams Buys Out HJN Realty
- 4.Development, Events Center
New Developments Near Events Center Taking Shape
Debt And The Midwest
Census Estimates Sioux Falls Population Nearing 165,000
- 7.Retail & Restaurants
New Fitness Center Opening In Sioux Falls
- 8.Health Care
ND Hospital, National Nonprofit Talk Affiliation
- 9.Development, Events Center
Russell Street Construction Nearing Completion
- 10.Meetings & Events, Events Center
City Seeks Performers For Events Center Open House