A gas leak in central Sioux Falls forced people out of their homes for two hours Monday evening.
A construction crew working on Spring Avenue hit a gas line between 3rd and 4th streets, around 4 p.m. on Monday.
As a precaution, an apartment complex, four homes, and a construction crew working at Hawthorne Elementary were all evacuated.
MidAmerican Energy had the valve shut off within two hours.
No injuries were reported.
Most Popular Today
- 1.Meetings & Events, Events Center
Chris Tomlin & Rend Collective Coming To PREMIER Center
- 2.Retail & Restaurants
Downtown Delicatessen Ready To Reopen
Daktronics Releases Second Quarter Fiscal Results
- 4.Retail & Restaurants
Computer Glitch Affects Gordmans Shoppers
- 5.Your Money Matters
Best Black Friday Apps
Record Year For Raven Aerostar Balloons In Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Deadwood October Gaming Revenue Up Over Last Year
Budgeting Help Available In SD This Holiday Season
Travelers Expect Delays For Thanksgiving Flights
Wednesday Morning Business Brief