A family is out of their home Monday Morning after it caught fire while they were grilling on Easter Sunday according to Sioux Falls Fire Rescue.
Several fire crews were sent to the 5200 block of Oakland Drive in Southwestern Sioux Falls around 8:15 Sunday evening. Neighbors say it seemed like the house just erupted in fire, with flames shooting above the home.
Sioux Falls Fire Rescue says the family was grilling steaks behind the home when something went wrong with the propane tank. Flames shot up the side of the wall of the home and into the attic, causing heavy damage. There is smoke damage inside the home but everyone was able to get out safely.