A second person has died after being overcome by fumes while working on a lift station in Potter County.
Firefighters wearing protective masks recovered 20-year-old Erik Hansen's body from the scene at West Whitlock Resort Tuesday. The Potter County Sheriff says when neighbors pulled Eric's father, 50-year-old Kirk Hansen, from the lift station he was in critical condition. He died Wednesday morning.
The Potter County Sheriff received a call about the distressed men shortly before 1:30 Tuesday. He says they were standing in a hole about four feet deep and were overcome by methane gas. Early reports suggest the men were not wearing protective breathing gear when they entered the lift station.