Friday Evening Business Brief
September 14, 2012, 5:18 PM
- Stocks closed higher, capping a positive week for Wall Street. The Dow today gained 54 points to 13,593. The S&P and the Nasdaq both rose nearly 6 points.
- Spain says it will present a new set of economic reforms by the end of the month, an indication the struggling country will soon ask for financial help. That's expected to be a prelude to Spain's tapping of a new European Central Bank bond-buying plan.
- Chicago's nearly weeklong teachers strike appears headed toward a resolution. Negotiators have emerged from marathon talks saying they have achieved a "framework" that could end the walkout in time for students to return to class Monday.
- Delivery times have grown longer as Apple and carriers today started taking orders for the iPhone 5. One analyst says expected delivery time from Apple had recently grown to two weeks.
- Crude oil rose nearly 3 percent this week. Benchmark crude today settled up 69 cents to $99 a barrel in New York.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
5/20/2013 10:01 PM
Last month we told you about the Sioux Falls homeowner who was billed $10,000 to remove a few trees by an out of state arborist who didn't have a ...
5/16/2013 6:14 PM
Downtown Sioux Falls businesses have been paying it for decades but one store says it isn't fair.
5/17/2013 11:16 AM
Oh My Cupcakes! located on 4th Street and Main Avenue in downtown Sioux Falls is moving to The Bridges on 57th Street and Western Avenue.
5/18/2013 6:12 PM
You might need lottery winnings to pay for fuel as gas prices are poised to reach all-time highs in South Dakota.
5/16/2013 9:06 PM
Consumers were warned today by Attorney General Marty Jackley to watch for emails that claim to be from the Walmart Corporation.