Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
10/20/2014 12:18 PM
Prime real estate on 41st Street in Sioux Falls is for sale. Valentino's Restaurant at 41st Street and Western Avenue has been listed for $1.35 mi...
10/20/2014 12:31 PM
A longtime fast food option in Sioux Falls, the Long John Silver's restaurant is closing after more than 30 years in business.
10/17/2014 12:10 PM
A South Dakotan is a winner on the Allegiant Airlines' first in-flight game show called "The Game Plane." The reality show is film...
10/21/2014 11:00 AM
Gas prices have fallen to a nearly four-year low nationwide at an average of $3.09 a gallon. AAA South Dakota says U.S. gas prices could drop to...
10/15/2014 11:45 AM
Unglued: Christmas Market, will open in the space formerly occupied by the Book Shop in the Carpenter Building on Phillips Avenue from Nov. 20 through...