Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
3/6/2014 1:10 PM
A Sioux Falls store is going out of business. The John Adam Collection gift and home décor store at 3401 S. Kelley Avenue will close by Ju...
3/9/2014 10:55 AM
Microsoft is preparing its customers for the end of technical support and security updates for its XP operating system.
As of April 8, Microsoft sa...
3/7/2014 8:38 AM
A company that has been making Black Hills gold jewelry for 136 years has been sold to another Black Hills jeweler.
3/10/2014 2:51 PM
Monday's spring-like weather could bring in plenty of traffic for Yogurt City, which is located in the strip mall at Western Avenue and 41st Stree...
3/7/2014 2:43 PM
GreatLife Malaska Golf & Fitness has added two more courses to its unlimited memberships.