Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
5/27/2015 10:24 AM
There are big plans for the seven Hy-Vee grocery stores in Sioux Falls.
5/27/2015 3:06 PM
Ford is recalling nearly 423,000 cars and SUVs in North America because the power-assisted steering can fail while they're being driven.
5/26/2015 10:10 PM
Just last summer, KELOLAND News reported that more people were flying Frontier. The discount airline had daily flights to Denver that were more than 9...
5/27/2015 3:23 PM
A newly-discovered glitch in Apple's software can cause iPhones to mysteriously shut down when they receive a certain text message.
5/26/2015 1:35 PM
Construction is scheduled to begin in July, and the store plans to open in early fall.