Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
7/25/2014 11:12 AM
Sioux Falls is no longer the nation's best small city for business and careers.
7/27/2014 3:31 PM
One small northwest Iowa town is preparing to deal with the loss of 450 jobs this fall when the Tyson Foods plant in Cherokee closes, and business own...
7/28/2014 1:12 PM
Apple users will soon have another option for sales and service support.
7/25/2014 10:10 PM
If you don't live on the Sioux Falls east side, or haven't taken a drive over there lately, you may not have noticed all the new businesses.
7/30/2014 7:57 AM
The Argosy riverboat casino is preparing to take its last bets Wednesday, having told the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission that it will close by 5 p....