Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
4/14/2015 3:00 PM
Lick The Spoon is expanding its pot pie business.
4/20/2015 1:14 PM
The retailer released its Lilly Pulitzer for Target collection, and many stores were sold out within minutes.
4/15/2015 5:00 PM
Every summer, the city of Sioux Falls hires hundreds of people for seasonal jobs within the park system
4/16/2015 11:45 AM
You no longer need to stop by a cash machine before renewing your driver license. All South Dakota exam stations now accept credit and debit car...
4/16/2015 10:10 PM
April 15, 2015 has come and gone. Now it's time to get rid of old tax returns you don't need anymore. But what should you shred an...