Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
7/29/2015 1:58 PM
An Allegiant Airlines pilot declared a fuel emergency and had to land at a North Dakota airport even though the airport was closed for the Blue Angels...
7/29/2015 9:53 AM
Just a year after opening on East 10th Street and Bahnson Avenue in Sioux Falls, Lick The Spoon restaurant has closed its doors. Angela Becker o...
7/30/2015 5:18 PM
A successful online retailer is opening her first brick and mortar shop in Sioux Falls.
8/4/2015 10:10 AM
The former Sid's liquor buildings, which closed in 2014 after six decades of business, has a new owner.
8/3/2015 4:00 PM
A Sioux Falls architect who is on Brandon's Planning and Zoning Committee brought a proposal to Bass Pro Shops to locate a store at the Brandon ex...