Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
3/2/2015 5:04 PM
It's being billed as the city's largest construction project this year at a cost of just under $9 million and it's going to impact thousan...
3/2/2015 4:00 PM
Whiffer's Sandwiches is serving up lunch on Minnesota Avenue again.
3/3/2015 2:45 PM
Costco is switching credit card company partnerships and that is going to have an impact on Citibank in Sioux Falls.
2/25/2015 10:10 PM
Dunkin' Donuts, Fazoli's, BurgerFi, Chipotle--all food chains that have indicated an interest in Sioux Falls. Now the question is, what ...
3/3/2015 3:20 PM
Target Corp. plans $2 billion in cost cuts over the next two years through corporate restructuring and other improvements.