Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
1/20/2015 3:29 PM
Dollar Loan Center owner Chuck Brennan is releasing the first images of the design for Badlands Pawn, Gold & Jewelry.
1/23/2015 11:15 AM
Bret Michaels and Lita Ford will perform at the District on Wednesday, Jan. 28 to celebrate the ground breaking of Badlands Pawn.
1/20/2015 11:09 AM
While the new owners are not ready to announce yet, Gellerman says they will be remodeling the restaurant to make it their own.
1/23/2015 4:00 PM
The former Long John Silver's on Minnesota Avenue is going to become a Mexican fast food restaurant.
1/21/2015 9:12 PM
A fried chicken favorite is back in Sioux Falls.