Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
9/28/2015 11:59 AM
The letter, signed by Deptartment of Education Secretary Melody Schopp, lists eight reasons for the decision not to continue to steer federal grant mo...
9/28/2015 6:05 PM
Mid Central got $16.5 million in federal money through the state in the last ten years to administer the GEAR UP program to encourage Native American ...
10/2/2015 3:14 PM
Phelps administered the GEAR UP program which prepared and encouraged Native American students to enroll into higher educaton.
10/1/2015 4:48 PM
Sir Elton John will be surrounded by beautiful flowers during his stop in Sioux Falls.
9/29/2015 6:10 PM
Mid Central Educational Cooperative dispersed the grant money since 2005 to two organizations to run the GEAR UP program, under business manager Scott...