Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
8/28/2014 4:15 PM
A former Hot Stuff/Orion Foods President is being investigated for dog abuse in Canada.
8/28/2014 12:56 PM
The Westward Ho Country club in Sioux Falls is changing its name to The Country Club of Sioux Falls. Members were notified of the change on Thur...
8/30/2014 3:58 PM
Farmers say the annual music event is louder this year, and it's causing some problems with their cattle.
8/29/2014 11:30 AM
Employees from two Sioux Falls employers have an opportunity to see a private concert with two country headliners at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center.
9/1/2014 3:59 PM
Before you pack those Kraft American Singles in your child's lunch, you'll want to check the date on the package.