Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
11/23/2015 6:05 PM
That means in addition to her state salaries at USD and Northern State, Duncan earned an additional $124,000 in contracts from the Department of Educa...
11/24/2015 6:05 PM
When the state pulled its multi-million dollar GEAR UP contract from Mid Central Educational Co-Op in September, all the current GEAR UP workers were ...
11/25/2015 1:35 PM
Stanley County commissioners have approved a feedlot at a bison ranch owned by media mogul Ted Turner.
11/21/2015 5:43 PM
As more stores announce their Black Friday hours, the times are getting earlier and could even cut into your Thanksgiving meal.
11/23/2015 4:51 PM
Recent research found just because something is called a doorbuster doesn't mean it's significantly discounted.