Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
5/20/2013 10:01 PM
Last month we told you about the Sioux Falls homeowner who was billed $10,000 to remove a few trees by an out of state arborist who didn't have a ...
5/17/2013 11:16 AM
Oh My Cupcakes! located on 4th Street and Main Avenue in downtown Sioux Falls is moving to The Bridges on 57th Street and Western Avenue.
5/18/2013 6:12 PM
You might need lottery winnings to pay for fuel as gas prices are poised to reach all-time highs in South Dakota.
5/22/2013 10:01 PM
The Empire Mall in Sioux Falls is in the middle of a major facelift. It has taken out more than $11 million in building permits so far for a remodelin...
5/17/2013 5:53 PM
The estimated jackpot for Saturday night is a record $600 million; the highest total in the game's 21 year history.