Friday Evening Business Brief
September 7, 2012, 4:26 PM
- Stocks finished today's session modestly higher. The Dow added 15 points to 13,307. The S&P 500 was up nearly six at 1,438, while the Nasdaq composite added a fraction to 3,136.
- Analysts are now looking ahead to next week's Federal Reserve meeting for possible action aimed at boosting the economy. The Labor Department says employers added 96,000 jobs last month.
- Intel's sales are falling at a rate that surprised even the chip-maker's own management. The warning issued today boosts worries about the slumping personal computer market.
- The price of oil edged higher. Benchmark crude rose 89 cents to settle at $96.42 per barrel.
- Is it a trick, or treat? Kraft Foods says it will have Candy Corn Oreos sold only in Target stores ahead of Halloween.
© 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.
12/15/2014 9:56 AM
A Sioux Falls bakery is getting more national recognition. CH Patisserie has been named one of the top 75 bakeries in the nation by The Daily Me...
12/15/2014 10:10 PM
For more than two decades, Cliff Hangers Gallery has been a fixture in Sioux Falls. A couple of years ago, the business moved from Park Ridge Ga...
12/16/2014 1:36 PM
Industry experts say gasoline prices will continue to fall in 2015, but other prices are expected to rise.
12/16/2014 4:30 PM
Philanthropist T. Denny Sanford is donating $25 million to South Dakota for a scholarship program for the state's technical schools.&nbs...
12/16/2014 10:04 PM
Sanford's money provides half of the funds for a $50 million scholarship program at the state's technical schools to train workers to fill job...