Authorities say an Aberdeen man died in a house fire that was probably started by a burner on his kitchen stove.
A neighbor reported the blaze early Saturday. An Aberdeen fire department lieutenant says the man was taken to hospital, where he was declared dead. The fire caused extensive smoke and heat damage.
Brown County Coroner Mike Carlsen says the man's identity won't be disclosed until his family is notified.
A fire official tells the Aberdeen American News (http://bit.ly/MdcK1u ) that most of the fire damage was in the home's kitchen, and a stove burner was on when firefighters went into the house.
Most Popular Today
Great Western Bank Buys Home Federal For $140M
- 2.Retail & Restaurants
Cyber Monday Sales Bring Down Target Website
- 3.Gas & Energy
Proposed Ethanol Plant Getting $250,000 Government Grant
- 4.Gas & Energy
EPA Boosts Amount Of Ethanol In Gasoline Supply
Zuckerberg Is A Dad, And He's Giving Away Most Of His Money
12 Nonprofits To Share $200,000 In Television Airtime
- 7.Gas & Energy
Larchwood, Lester Consider Natural Gas Utilities
- 8.Education Funding
Board Of Regents To Meet Over GEAR UP Plan
- 9.Retail & Restaurants
After Two Years, Construction Will Finally Begin On East Side Buffalo Wild Wings
Monday Afternoon Business Brief