VALLEY SPRINGS, SD -
A family of four is displaced after a fire destroyed their Valley Springs home Saturday afternoon.
Everyone is safe after the fire ripped through their home on 484th Avenue in Valley Springs. The Bohemen family says they lost everything in the fire and a car was damaged.
The Valley Springs Fire Department says the first started around 12:30 p.m. in the garage.
They believe a dog knocked over a propane heater which started the blaze. The family says two dogs and two cats were lost in the fire, but they are glad their family is safe tonight.
"The little one, the six-year-old, got pretty freaked out, she is with friends to shelter her a little bit. My wife if out buying clothes, shoes, and jackets for everybody so at least we can get them warm," the grandfather, John Bohemen said.
The Valley Springs Fire Chief says about 40 fire fighters were out helping put out the blaze.
© 2013 KELOLAND TV. All Rights Reserved.