PIERRE, SD -
Gov. Daugaard has announced the award of nine grants, totaling close to $1.8 million, for economic development efforts in the state. The grants, which were approved by the Board of Economic Development, were awarded under the newly established Reinvestment Payment Program, Local Infrastructure Improvement Program, Economic Development Partnership Program, and the South Dakota Jobs Program.
The following grants were approved:
Reinvestment Payment Program (total $771,082):
- Novita Aurora, LLC, Aurora S.D. - $771, 082.
Local Infrastructure Improvement Program (total $694,657):
- Brookings County - $400,000
- City of Sturgis - $244,357
- City of Alexandria - $50,300
Economic Development Partnership Program (total $292,600):
- Belle Fourche Development Corporation - $103,000
- Southern Hills Economic Development Corporation - $56,900
- Bison Area Economic Development Corporation - $32,700
- Grow South Dakota - $100,000
South Dakota Jobs Program (total $28,000):
- Electronic Systems, Inc., Sioux Falls S.D. - $28,000
The Board of Economic Development will evaluate grant applications on a quarterly basis, and those applicants who do not receive grants may reapply.
© 2013 KELOLAND TV. All Rights Reserved.