User uShare Login | Register
Login
Register

Along with posting photos, videos, and stories, your uShare account lets you post Classified Ads, recipes on What's For Dinner, and Announcements.


36° View Weather Current Conditions Sioux Falls Change Location
Set Weather Options

RADAR LOCATION

TEMPERATURE LOCATION

Share your Photos, Videos, and Stories on uShare! Click here to get started.

News

[0] My Saved Articles
Find local businesses
on the KELO Pages!

 

Drought Conditions Worsen In South Dakota

September 6, 2012, 4:59 PM

BROOKINGS, SD -

South Dakota State University officials say drought conditions have worsened in South Dakota as hot, dry weather returned last week after a brief period of cooler temperatures.

SDSU Extension Climate Field Specialist Laura Edwards says the latest U.S. Drought Monitor shows parts of southeastern South Dakota in exceptional drought, the most severe category.

Edwards says the exceptional drought category reflects conditions that typically occur only once every 50 years or so. Areas in that category include Bon Homme, Yankton, Clay and Union counties, and parts of Lincoln, Turner, Hutchinson, Charles Mix and Shannon counties.

Edwards says conditions also degraded in the rest of South Dakota. More than 91 percent of the state is rated in moderate, severe, extreme or exceptional drought. The remaining 9 percent is rated as abnormally dry.

Previous Story

Next Story




 
Find Local Businesses on KELO Pages!

View news

You may also like

Parker Teen Dies In One Vehicle Crash

4/12/2014 10:18 AM

16-year-old Tonya Anderson from Parker, SD died in a one vehicle crash west of Sioux Falls on Highway 42 on Friday.

Full Story
Woman Killed In Sioux Falls Home

4/16/2014 6:01 PM

Sioux Falls police are investigating a murder in the southwest part of the city.

Full Story
SF Woman Dies In Crash Near Brookings

4/12/2014 10:34 AM

A Sioux Falls woman died in a two vehicle crash on I-29 south of Brookings.

Full Story
SF Murder Victim Stabbed, Suspect Got Pills

4/17/2014 10:12 AM

Sioux Falls Police have released the names of the suspect and victim in the city's second homicide of 2014.

Full Story
Missing Girls Case Update On Tuesday

4/15/2014 7:15 AM

Authorities plan to release an update on the investigation into the 1971 disappearance of two South Dakota girls.

Full Story


Events

 
 
KELOLAND TV: 501 S. Phillips Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Phone: 605.336.1100 · Breaking News call: 1-800-888-5356
Web Site Design and Custom Programming By: Lawrence & Schiller© 2014 KELO-TV -- KELOLAND.COM -- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED