Burned popcorn was to blame for the brief evacuation of a state government office building in Pierre.
People in the Becker-Hansen building were evacuated as a precaution for a few minutes Wednesday afternoon when the burned popcorn in a microwave set off a fire alarm.
Assistant Fire Chief Leon Ellis says the popcorn was in a break room on the second floor, which houses the state Transportation Department.
Most Popular Today
- 1.Meetings & Events, Events Center
Chris Tomlin & Rend Collective Coming To PREMIER Center
- 2.Retail & Restaurants
Downtown Delicatessen Ready To Reopen
Daktronics Releases Second Quarter Fiscal Results
- 4.Retail & Restaurants
Computer Glitch Affects Gordmans Shoppers
Record Year For Raven Aerostar Balloons In Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- 6.Your Money Matters
Some Online Shoppers Pay More Than Others
Deadwood October Gaming Revenue Up Over Last Year
- 8.General, Retail & Restaurants
Big Pizza Business On Day Before Thanksgiving
Travelers Expect Delays For Thanksgiving Flights
Budgeting Help Available In SD This Holiday Season