Burned popcorn was to blame for the brief evacuation of a state government office building in Pierre.
People in the Becker-Hansen building were evacuated as a precaution for a few minutes Wednesday afternoon when the burned popcorn in a microwave set off a fire alarm.
Assistant Fire Chief Leon Ellis says the popcorn was in a break room on the second floor, which houses the state Transportation Department.
Most Popular Today
Sioux Falls Nail Salon Shut Down By SD Cosmetology Commission
- 2.Retail & Restaurants
Sioux Falls To Get Second Five Guys Location
- 3.Retail & Restaurants
What To Buy In November
- 4.Your Money Matters
IRS Scam Targeting KELOLAND
- 5.Your Money Matters
Consumer Reports Most & Least Reliable Vehicles
Commercial Supply Rocket Explodes At Liftoff
- 7.Campaign, Employment
KELO TV/Argus Leader Poll: Initiated Measure 18
Target Brings Back iPad Trade-In Program
Downtown YMCA Shows Off New Features
- 10.Transportation, Agriculture
Lawmakers: Keystone XL Would Free Rail Cars For Grain