A judge has ruled that a Box Elder man who torched his mobile home while two others were inside in 2012 can be released from a state mental hospital into the custody of his uncle.
Seventh Circuit Judge Janine Kern on Friday ordered that 31-year-old Joseph Hodges be released following a recommendation by Dr. David Olson from the Human Services Center in Yankton.
Authorities say Hodges dripped gasoline down a hallway October 25, 2012 before lighting a fire while his girlfriend and her ex-husband were still in the mobile home. There were no injuries.
Hodges will be required to take medication as part of his release. He must also refrain from drugs and alcohol and continue treatment for his bipolar disorder and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Most Popular Today
How Much Money Will Super Bowl 50 Bring Its Host City?
The Super Bowl Ad Game: Celebrities, Animals And Humor
- 3.Retail & Restaurants
Football Fans Fill Sports Bars For Super Bowl 50
- 4.Retail & Restaurants
Consumer Alert: BBB Valentine's Day Tips For Your Heart And Wallet
- 5.Your Money Matters
Phishing Emails Targeting Jobseekers
- 6.Health Care
New $18 Million Hospital Planned For Custer
Sioux Falls Is A Top Pick For College Grads
- 8.Education Funding
Sales Tax Hike For Teacher Pay Passes State House Committee
- 9.Education Funding, Education
Teacher Pay Tax Hike Set For Debate In Legislative Committee
- 10.Crops, General
USDA Grant To Help South Dakota Increase Ethanol Usage