The new year brought new hope for a Kyle family who lost their home in a fire four days before Christmas.
Harry Yazzie awoke to the sound of crackling in his home and realized the kitchen was on fire.
He was able to get his wife, Margaret Cross, and their seven children out safely, but the house was destroyed.
It happened only four months after the family learned Cross has an advanced stage of cancer.
Yazzie's church congregation surprised them with clothes, blankets, toiletries and Christmas presents to replace those his children lost in the blaze.
And Little Wound School has offered the family temporary housing in a trailer on the school grounds and plans to hold a fundraising event.
Most Popular Today
Westward Ho Country Club Changes Name
Former Sioux Falls Executive Investigated For Animal Abuse
Fargo Company Expanding To Brookings
- 4.Your Money Matters
Hike In Hotel Fees
Old Facilities Demolished At Spellerberg Park
- 6.Your Money Matters
Bank Installs Interactive Teller Machines
Re-Zoning Signs Not Signal Of Sanford Expansion
- 8.Meetings & Events, General
Uncorked Fundraiser Goes To The Dogs
Oil Conference Planned In Spearfish In October
Thursday Morning Business Brief