A weekend barn fire northeast of Parkston killed 15 pregnant sheep.
Fire Chief Todd Lucas says an electric heat lamp or a water tank heater likely caused the fire at the William Boddicker residence on Sunday night.
Lucas says flames had engulfed the barn by the time firefighters arrived, but they were able to quickly knock down the fire and save a nearby house.
Most Popular Today
Redfield Drive-In To Stay Open
- 2.Your Money Matters
Warning: New Twist On Grandparent Scam
Shifting Soil Causes Problems At Badlands Visitor Center
- 4.Crops, Agriculture
Area Farmer On Track With Planting
Study Shows Smartphone Addiction Is Rising
- 6.Health Care
Sioux Falls Man Urges State To Expand Medicaid
- 7.Economy/Stocks, General
Thursday Morning Business Brief
- 8.Economy/Stocks, General
Wednesday Morning Business Brief
Wednesday Afternoon Business Brief
Thursday Afternoon Business Brief